New patch 7.1.0 is live. Here is a quick overview over the most important changes:
- Small-Time Buccaneer is nerfed to 1 health and Spirit Claws’ cost rose to 2 mana
- Arena will now be played in Standard format and golden cards of your collection show up in this mode
- Floors at ranks 15, 10 and 5 are introduced which will prevent falling in ranks once these milestones are reached.
- Finally, Journey to Un’Goro pre-purchase is available.
Be sure to save some money on the pre-purchase by using amazon coins.
The full blue post can be found here or down below.
The expedition begins soon! This latest update blazes a trail for the Journey to Un’Goro, Hearthstone’s latest Expansion as well as the arrival of the Year of the Mammoth and a new Standard format. This update also includes adjustments to Ranked play, Arena updates, balance changes to Small Time Buccaneer and Spirit Claws, some visual improvements and optimizations, and several bug fixes.
Whew! That’s a lot to cover, so read on for details!
– This update begins preparations for the Year of the Mammoth celebration that kicks off at the end of March.
– Pre-purchase for Journey to Un’Goro, Hearthstone’s latest expansion, is now available! You can pre-purchase 50 card packs and get the Fossil card back for $49.99 USD.
– Upon achieving certain milestones in Ranked Play, it will no longer be possible to lose ranks beyond those milestones for that season. The milestones are Rank 20, 15, 10, 5, and Legend.
– Creating decks for the Arena will now feature Standard cards only. Arena runs that were started prior to the patch will still include Wild cards.
– Rares, Epics, and Legendaries will be offered more frequently during Arena deckbuilding.
– Spells will now show up with a higher frequency.
– Neutral Basic / Classic cards will appear less often.
– If you own a Golden version of a card, the first copy you draft will be Golden. If you own multiple Golden copies of a card, all copies you draft will be Golden.
– Small-time Buccaneer’s health reduced from 2 to 1.
– The mana cost of Spirit Claws increased from 1 to 2.
– New keyword: Poisonous – Minions with Poisonous will destroy any minion they inflict damage to.
Pit Snake, Patient Assassin, Emperor Cobra, and Maexxna have been updated with the new keyword.
– Added some memory optimizations.
– Improved matchmaking for new players.
– We are testing an update to the account creation process for mobile players. This will minimize the overhead associated with creating a new Battle.net account, and will be available in limited release.
– Maximum in-game music volume has been capped in order to retain the best audio quality.
– [Android] We made some optimizations to Android distribution, allowing for a smaller install size and smoother patching in the future.
– Resolved inconsistencies in the way that Small Time Buccaneer’s Attack interacts with effects such as those generated by Humility, Keeper of Uldaman, and Crazed Alchemist.
– Resolved an issue where a Kazakus potion spell cards could appear blank when copied by a minion or spell effect.
– Knuckles will now correctly use its effect when under the effects of Misdirection.
– Addressed an issue with the interaction of Wrath’s card draw timing in conjunction with Daring Reporter.
– Snipe will now correctly trigger after Potion of Polymorph.
– Djinni of Zephyrs will now correctly copy spells buffed by spell damage.
– Bouncing Blade will now correctly continue bouncing after clearing a Divine Shield.
– Resolved an issue where seasonal reward cards could take a while to show up in the Collection Manager.
– Searching the Collection Manager with a class name will now correctly display Tri-Class cards.
– Resolved issues that could slow or stop payment authentication when using the in-game Shop.
– Fixed many minor visual issues and some card text inconsistencies.